Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I have been reading and researching blogs for the past year and finally decided to take the plunge. Yesterday I started with a devotional blog that I started in April. I started it because my wonderful father started chemo and radiation treatments for throat cancer. I wanted to keep our family and friends updated daily. This quickly turned into an 80+ member devotion and I have come to love. But I want to do something more. I don't know if I am in the right area, but I am going to start here and see what I can do. Whether I am interesting to anyone but myself is really not important because I like this outlet.

I am a wife of almost 19 years, a mom of a 15 year old girl and a 12 year old boyand mama to Josie Belle, our Chow-chow/Shepherd mix.. We love our city, school, and friends. We love hanging out in the backyard grilling, gardening, making smores and sitting around the fire pit. We love entertaining and enjoying life! I work as a receptionist full time.

I live in SW Ohio and today it is raining. This is a good thing, because that means we don't have to worry about watering the garden. I am excited about the garden because the beans are coming along wonderfully and I have already started getting cucumbers and various peppers coming in. Yummy! My mom, dad and I put up 15 dozen ears of corn for the winter (bought from a fabulous friend, Thanks Michael!) and will be doing more in a few weeks.

This week, my son is at church camp, having a wonderful time. At least, I think he is. He will come back on Friday and then daughter starts pre-band camp on Monday. She's on the drill team and learning the ropes of the flags and pom-poms. So life as a mother of a teenager and pre-teen goes on.

That is enough of an intro. I hope that someone out there will take an interest in my little corner of blogger.

1 comment:

  1. keep it up! I loved reading what you wrote about your daughter, and I hope she had a great birthday! It's so much fun to meet so many people through blogging. Your dad will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List