Thursday, March 31, 2011

Opening Day

Today is the Opening Day of the 2011 Baseball Season.  We  in Cincinnati get doubly excited because a) The Cincinnati Reds have always played the first day/game, b) we have a be parade "The Findley Parade" today, and c) we in the area either wear red or see today a an unofficial holiday.  There are those who want to make today an official holiday for the area.  Sounds good to me. 

When the boss came in this morning, he told me that when the parade came on the local station, I could turn that on, as well as the game at 2:10.  And, as I was driving down the highway, I saw a different sight.  A big truck pulling a trailer with an old fashioned wagon, all shiny and waxed.  It took me aback, then I realized that they were heading downtown to the parade.  Pretty cool.

So are you into baseball?  I love my Reds and around here, we have high hopes for them, especially since they did so well last year.  Who is your team?

Yesterday we were suppose to have a track meet.  But an hour before it was to happen, they called it off.  It was snowing and the track was wet, and some parts had standing water.  I guess they didn't want anyone to hurt themselves.  So I was thankful for that.  Next week we have two meets, back to back.  Hopefully it will warm up for us.

1 comment:

  1. Baseball is actually the only sport at my house that we aren't fanatics over but I enjoy a Braves game every now and then. We like the Red Sox too, but I will say that I love any sport that causes traditions and big fun so I'm a little jealous of you right now! :)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List