Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It Has A Good Beat and Easy To Dance To....

I believe in monogomy. I have only been with one man my whole life, my husband. I am proud of that. But some of the songs today are preaching a different set of rules. One of those songs is by Pitbull called "Hotel Room". Have you heard this? The song is a hook-up song. The chorus states "Forget about your boyfriend and meet me at the hotel room, you can bring your girlfriends and meet me at the hotel room. [x2]
We at the hotel, motel, holiday inn." [x4]


I shamefully say I like the beat, but to hear my 12 year old sing this song was appalling. It is a good dance tune and there are no cussing in the song, but it basically lays it out there. I found out last night that on my 14 yo's myspace this is her song of choice. What? My 14 yo? No wonder kids today grow up too fast. Songs like this make it seem okay to ditch your girlfriend/boyfriend and have orgies. It doesn't make me feel old, but sad. Morals are thrown out the window and left on the street to rot. What do you do to fight this? Let them not listen to music? Did our parents feel this way about "Pour Some Sugar On Me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List