Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Love/Hate Relationship

Today is the kids first day of school. The first day of school has always been a love/hate relationship for me. I love that the kids are getting back in a routine. 12 year old boy starts Junior High and was so excited he was up before I got him up. 15 year old girl wasn't quite as excited at first. The routine has changed because in the last two years it was usually just her and I up and at 'em until she left for the bus and then I got the boy up. Now they go together.

Things will be different after school too. First, both kids have either football or band. The 15 year old will have practice three times a week and the 12 year old will have it the same. Plus he will have Wednesday games.

I love the first day of school because the kids are excited about going back and meeting their teachers and seeing their friends.

I hate the first day of school because that means I have homework. You know, the paperwork that only a school can make you do year after year.

I love the first day of school because that means a pretty good routine will be established.

I hate the first day of school because that means summer is essentially over. The days are darkening sooner and the lazy days are behind us.

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love and hate the start of being on a schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to hate the first day of school because well, it's like going back to jail after you've been out and about for a while doing your thing. I also guess that means that our summer is approaching rapidly. And you know how we just love getting scorched on this side of the planet ;)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List