Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend Update

Well, I apologize for not posting last Friday.  I had it ready.  I just didn't hit the publish button, or something.  Anyway, I hope you had a great weekend!  We did.  Friday evening, Son had basketball and got his uniforms, practice uniforms and warm ups.  We order his shoes and then shopped this weekend for nice slacks, shirts and ties.  Yes, on away games he has to dress up (tee-hee).  I am liking this sport more and more each day.

Saturday, Daughter and I went to our church holiday thingy (not sure what to call it).  We have breakfast, some singing, crafts, a speaker, lunch, more crafts, and two demonstrations, one on making soap and one on making freezer jam.  .It's really called HomeSpun.  The theme this year was An Old-Fashioned Christmas.  Foxy cooked for 50 of us.  It really was fun.  Here are some of the crafts we did.  We made Cookies In a Jar, a Nettie Doll, and a Choir Boy Caroler.  The Nettie Doll is just a rag doll but kinda neat. 

Tonight I am going to a Cookie Exchange.  Let the Holidays begin.  Son and I made Chocolate Mint Delights.  They are yummy!  We should have 18 different kinds of cookies and candies (plus recipes) when it's over.   I'll start posting cookie and candy recipes for the holidays this week. 

Choir Boy

He actuallly stands up by himself and has a sweater and cap on.  Isn't he cute?  Daughter and I both made one, so I have two of these.


Nettie Doll  










1 comment:

  1. Cute crafts. The chocolate mint delights sound delightful. (That's my favorite combination!)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List