Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tasty Thursday

Thursday has been my day to give you a good tried and true recipe.  I am a big fan of easy crockpot meals, so here is another one that we love.

Roast and Veggies

A crockpot is my usual, I don't have time to cook, so here is what you get.  I usually use it on Sunday's because everyone is so hungry when we get home from church.  This is what I had this past Sunday.

4 lb. Chuck Roast
1 package of Onion Soup Mix
5 potatoes, washed and cubed
3 Carrots, sliced
1 Onion, sliced
1 stalk of Celery, sliced
Water, enough to cover the bottom of the crock.

Spray the bottom and sides of the crockpot with cooking spray.  Put your vegetables in the bottom of the pot.  Place the roast on top of it.  Sprinkle the soup mix over everything.  Add the water.  Set the crockpot on high, for four to five hours, on low for longer.

You can make gravy out of the broth.

Add bread and coleslaw for a quick meal!

5 comments:

My Blog List