Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Wacky Wednesday is upon us!  But wait, there's more!  Happy St. Patty's Day! I am a bit Irish, so I can do all the Irish things.  You know, like, eat corned beef and cabbage, wear blue instead of green, have people kiss me... anyway, my heritage is fun and important.  I have heard stories of my great-grandmother who had the best chicken 'n noodles in the city and always had chickens on hand to kill.  She also was a card-playing woman, who every time she lost would throw the cards into the fire and tell how the cards were Satan's tools.  But not a hour later, would send my dad down to the five-and-dime to buy a new pack of cards!   Got to love the temper!

I love to play cards, especially Hearts and Euchre.  When first teaching my sister to play Hearts, my cousin's and I just knew that we could pull anything over on her.  But, the first time she ever played, she won!  She ran the deck.  We were flabber-gasted to say the least.  My parents would sit with me and my friends for hours, playing cards and talking.  My friends always told us that they never had so much fun losing.  You know it has been fun when they lose and still want to come back for more.  But oddly, I married a man who doesn't like playing cards.  He likes board games more, and would play Candyland for hours with the kids.  Uno?  Not his cup of tea.  I don't know if it is his highly competitive nature or what, but he usually stayed away from cards. 

Have a great Wednesday and may the luck o' the Irish be with ye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List