Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekend Update - March 13 & 14 - Beware of the Ides of March

I actually had a partially boring weekend!  I am really glad about that. 

Woke up early on Saturday and got kids to OMEA band competition.  I thought they did great, though the judges didn't seem to share my opinion.  They had not been to that kind of competition in years, so none of the kids were very experienced with it.  But I loved it. 

Later in the day, my friend called me with terrible news that her mother passed away.  Actually, her husband called and told me.  When they got home that night, I went over there to see her.  There is nothing anyone can say to make this better.  She knows she can count on me and that no matter what, we are "sisters".

Yesterday, we (me, Daughter and Son) went to church, where we had "Birthday Sunday".  One Sunday a month we celebrate all the birthdays in that month.  This month, was my son's bday, another boy in the church, and our new associate minister.  No women.  What does that say for March?  Actually it doesn't say anything.  I know a lot of females born in the third month.

We then came home and spent a quiet day resting, doing laundry and being together.  Then we went back to church, where I led the singing of the evening service and the kids went to youth group.

It was a quiet, but fair weekend.  This week will get hectic, so I will leave it at that. 

Today, is one of my favorite days, the Ides of March?  Do you know where that comes from?

Let me know if you do.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good weekend. I hate it when my kids are involved in some sort of judging thing and I think they did awesome and the judges don't think so. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List