Thursday, May 19, 2011

Travel and Heartbreak

Well, he's gone.  Son has left the state, going to Washington D.C. for his class trip.  I know that he will have a wonderful time!  He made me get up at 2:50.A.M. to make sure he was there by 4:00 A.M.  We have instilled in our children that being late is not acceptable.  So we got up, he packed the last of his stuff up and at 3:15.A.M. we were out the door.  The school is less than eight minutes away.  But he did treat me to an English Toffee Cappaccino and him two vanilla dip donuts from Tim Horton's.  So we pull in to the school parking lot at 3:35.A.M.  The only other person there was one of the teacher chaperones.  She was walking across the lot.  He was the first kid there.  Awesome.   So now, he's on his own, with the money he earned mowing, and I just pray he behaves himself.  I love that kid.

There has been tragic news in the Foxy household this week.  Daughter's boyfriend of eight months, broke up with her.  It's her first heartbreak, so there have been lots of tears.  But, she's doing okay.  It's hard, as a mom, to see her go through this and know that I can't make it better.  Ah, teenage angst!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List