Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thursday Recipe Day

To use up my zucchini in a new and interesting way, I am trying a new recipe I found through email. I am so sure my kids will not like it, and my husband will complain because it's vegetarian.  I may try it with turkey sausage or something.

Zucchini Manicotti

12 Manicotti shells
1 T olive oil
1 meduim onion, chopped
4 medium zucchini, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 (14 oz.) can Italian Stewed tomatoes
1 1/2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
3 cups grated parmesan cheese

Cook manicotti shells according to package directions.  In a large skillet, heat oil.  Add onion, garlic and zucchini.  Cook on low heat for about 15 minutes until zucchini is tender.  Cool zucchini mixture, and then add cottage cheese, cheddar cheese and 2 1/2 cups of Parmesan cheese.  Mix well, adding seasonings to taste.  Stuff shells with mixture and place side by side in greased 9X13" baking pan.  Put stewed tomatoes in a blender to chop tomoatoes.  Pour over shells.  Cover and back at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.  Uncover, sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and continue baking 10 - 15 minutes.

I think it sounds pretty good.  What do you think?


1 comment:

  1. That sounds good! Might have to round up some zucchini and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List