Monday, August 8, 2011

Josie and the Raccoon.

I'm back!  Band camp was wonderful, but I'll tell you more about that another day.  Today I have to tell you about Josie and the Racoon.

On Friday morning, Foxy and I had to get up extra early because he had a stress test (as far as we know, all is well there).  We have normally been leaving the door from the garage to the back porch open, so Josie bell can come in and eat her food, and cool off.  We haven't been closing this door.  Well this morning, Foxy put Josie Belle out and all of a sudden she heard this racket in the garage.  He tried to open the door from the laundry room to the back door, but Josie was right in front of door, trying to get behind the deep freezer.  He started yelling at the dog, but she wouldn't have it.  So I came out to the dining room to see what was going on.  Foxy told me that the dog has something trapped in the garage.  I got my shoes on and went out the back door, through the porch and into the garage.  Josie was wagging her tail and barking at the thing.  Then I heard it growl.  Well, I went right over to Josie and grabbed her collar and got her out of there.  I closed the door and brought her in the house.  She went to the laundry room door, back to the back door, pacing and whining.  I left the room, and came back, and her ears were perked up and there was scratching on the walls.  It was trying to get out the way it came in.  So I went and opened the big garage door and watched.  After a few minutes, I saw a huge raccoon come out of the garage.  It was as big as Josie Belle was.  I then closed the door again and that was that.  Or so I thought.  Ever since that happened (on Friday morning), Josie has been obsessed with going out to the garage, sniffing everything out, getting behind the deep freezer.  Here is her last night just sitting waiting for someone to open the door for her.
I think she just wants to play, but she goes and spends hours in the garage now.  Over the years she has caught rabbits, birds, mice, and killed a skunk.  But she has not gone up against something this big.  She seems fearless thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List