Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekend Update: A game, a movie review, and a scavenger hunt. Oh my!





Happy Monday!  Well, okay maybe not happy, but at least it's another day.  We had another full weekend at the Fox house.  

Friday after work, I stopped at Costco.  Here's what I got.
Then I went to the chiropractor.  I have had a terrible pain below my right shoulder blade.  Come to find out, I have a rib that keeps moving.  OUCH!  It hurt putting it back in.  So I go back on Wednesday evening for another adjustment.  He's really a great doc, but I hate having to be touched.  

Then me and the family went to the Cincinnati Reds ballgame at Great American Ball Park with my co-workers.  What a great turnout this was.  We tailgated and watch the Reds beat the Cleveland Indians 10-4.  Then we saw some terrific fireworks displayed.



This is the riverboat that is part of the park.

This is Son, me and Daughter tailgating.


What a beautiful ball park, with a great view of the Ohio River.


Isn't this a cool fireworks display?  It looks like a dragonfly or something.

Out of focus, but still, really cool, huh?

On Saturday, me, Daughter and BFF took a road trip to Hillsboro.  Daughter was at camp there, but because of the excessive heat and her still trying to deal with food after her gall bladder surgery, she came home on Wednesday.  I had arranged with her friend's mother that I would pick them up because she was so busy with a family reunion and all.  Besides, it's a great trip over. 

During that time, Son and Foxy went to church for a Father/Son Breakfast.  It was great for them.

Then Foxy, Son and I worked in the garden.  Wait until you see my new pictures tomorrow.  I am excited to show them to you!

Then Foxy, Son, Daughter, BFF and myself went and saw Toy Story 3 in 3D.  Okay, the 3D thing, for me at least was okay, but not all that.  But I did keep my cool nerd 3D glasses as a souvenior.  As for the movie, it was really good and actually touching.  We really enjoyed it and I thought it was a great way to end bring it all together.  If you know anything about Toy Story, you must see Spanish Buzz.  Hilarity abounds!

Sunday we went to church.  After church, we grabbed a bite to eat and ran back to the church for a High School/Jr. High Scavenger hunt around the city of Lebanon, OH, my hometown.

Here are some pictures from that.  Foxy and I had three girls, Daughter, Avery and Mady.  They were great fun.  As we were starting our journey around town, I took a step and my favorite pair of flip-flops broke.  I mean, the piece between the toes broke.  There is no repairing this.  So, I was forced to purchase a new pair.  For shame.  Here is what I got.



The best part was they were half off and in my size.  So now I have a pair of Vera Bradley flip-flops (pattern Night and Day).  Too cute, I think!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend! We took our kiddos to see TS3 at the drive-in...what a hoot! I agree with what you said...very touching and a great way to tie the movies together. I cried at the end:( Love your new flip flops...too cute! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that was a loaded weekend! That was a great shot of the river and the fireworks! I think I'd have liked to have seen the fireworks in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This heat is unbearable. I can't imagine being at camp and dealing with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun weekend. The photo of the stadium with the river in the back is gorgeous. I love Vera Bradley's stuff, I will have to look for the flip flops. I don't think I've seen those before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hubby took kids to Toy Story 3. We saw Shrek 4 in 3-D and I wasn't impressed. Can't wait to see Toy Story 3 thought!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a busy time. i need to get my breath.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List