Thursday, September 30, 2010

Tasty Thursday

This has been a crazy week.  Last night we went to the Powder Puff game and then I went to choir.  Daughter's BF was a cheerleader, along with his best friend and another boy from the drumline.  Son and his friends can't wait to do it next year!  LOL


This is Homecoming week, so the kids dress up for each day.  Monday was Twin day.  Tuesday was Decade day.  Yesterday was your Grade color and today is Mismatch day.  Here is Daughter's picture.  She let her brother dress her. 


Here is my tasty meal.  It is great for great autumn and winter days when you just want to warm up.

Illinois Corn Sausage Chowder

1 lb. bulk pork sausage
1 c. coarsely chopped onion
4 c. 1/2 inch cubed, peeled potatoes
1/2 tsp. dried marjoram, crushed
1/8 tsp. ground pepper
2 c. water
1 (17 oz.) cream style corn
1 (17 oz.) whole kernel corn (drained)
1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk

In a Dutch oven or kettle, cook sausage and onions until sausage is brown and onion is tender.  Drain on paper towels.  Return sausage and onion to Dutch oven with potatoes, marjorum, pepper and water.  Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer just until potatoes are tender (about 15 minutes).  Add last three ingredients.  Stir and heat through. 

We love this at my house!  Yummy!

2 comments:

  1. I loved powder puff when I was in highschool. And I can't wait for our homecomming next week. I love to dress the kids up for spirit week. I just hope I remember to take pictures! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, behind in reading blogs. sounds like busy times. the chowder looks good thanks for sharing rose

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List