Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tasty Thursday

Well the craziness begins again.  At least I don't have to worry about the weather.

Today we all have work and school, except Foxy.  He gets to stay home, smoke some meat and rest (he's not feeling 100 percent).  Then the kids have marching band practice, a tailgate party at a nearby retirement village and then a band concert tonight.  We will not get home until after 9 pm tonight.  Son has decided not to do the retirement village, and Daughter is only doing it if she doesn't have a ton of homework. 

I leave work and go right to school and help out there. 

This recipe I think I got off the Minute Rice box.  It is quick and the kids really enjoyed it as much as Foxy and me.

Aloha Chicken and Rice

2 cups Minute White Rice
2 cans (8 oz. each) pineapple tidbits in juice, undrained
 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) chicken broth
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup Shake 'N Bake Original Chicken Coating Mix
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, but into strips or tenders

Preheat oven.  Mix rice, pineapple with juice, broth, green peppers and onions in a 13X9" baking dish.

Measure 1/2 cup coating mix and place in a plastic bag.  Add chicken strips to bag and shake until covered.  Place on rice. 

Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

I double this recipe, add a vegetable and fruit salad for a nice change of pace.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I am absolutely making this recipe! It sounds exactly like my kind of recipe! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds lie a good meal idea. looks like your family is keeping busy. take care rose

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List