Friday is football. Saturday, Daughter and I are getting our hairs cut. Foxy is working on the truck, Son is helping with a haunted trail, and Daughter and BF have been invited to a costume birthday party. Foxy and I have been invited to the neighbors for a party and the Band is having a Quarter Auction. So I need to come up with some quick easy meals. Here is one of our favorites. I got it out of the Taste of Home magazine several years ago.
Pasta with Peppers and Sausage
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 to 8 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Progresso ® Chicken Broth
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, cook and stir sausage until lightly browned. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Stir in the tomatoes, garlic, pepper sauce, paprika, salt and cayenne; cook until vegetables are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; add to sausage mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain spaghetti; toss with sausage mixture. Yield: 6-8 servings.
I am excited and going to go to McDonald's this weekend because...the sign says "The McRib is back!" I have no idea why, but that is my favorite item on their menu. And they don't serve it often enough.
Well enjoy the pasta dish and have a great day!