Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday's Weekend Update

Happy Monday...or not.  It rained here all weekend, well, mostly yesterday, but we haven't seen the sun since like, Thursday.  Luckily, we do not have the flooding some of you are going through.  But of course we the fog lifted this morning, there was the sun.  Just as most of us are going back to work.  But, it was a good weekend anyway.

Friday evening, I went with Foxy, Daughter, BFF, Gpa, Gma, and Miss Deb to see the movie Letters To God and out for pizza before hand.  What an amazing movie.  It was truly inspirational.  I hope that each of you see it or rent it when it comes to DVD.  There were 30 to 40 of us in the theater, watching and by the end of this movie no one moved, except Gpa.  When the credits rolled, we sat there.

The reason Gpa got up and left was this movie showed a little boy going through cancer and treatments.  Since my dad just went through that about 10 months ago, it was just too soon for him to watch it.  But he really liked the movie too.

Saturday was kind of busy.  Daughter and I went and got the oil changed in the Edge.  While we were there this is what was at the Ford dealership.  It made me ask myself and Daughter a few questions...

Why were there bicycles at the car dealership?  Did they get good amounts on their trade-ins?  Were they being serviced?  My husband's question was, Who had their license taken away and had to ride to work?

Then I made Daughter drive.  She did great!  We stopped at the grocery on the way home and here is were she parked.

See that red Edge waaay, out there?  She slipped it into a space where no other cars were around.  She did fine, but she is nervous about trying to park by people.  She did well, though.  I am proud of her.  She is getting better all the time.

Later that evening, we all went to church for the annual Mother-Daughter Banquet.  This year's theme was My Childhood Doll.  Here are a few pictures from that.  The lady who thought up the theme and did most of the co-ordination and decorating is simply amazing.  Actually, so is her mother.  Her mother made all the dolls (over 100) and all the cradles and probably all the booklets.  That family is amazing.



Isn't this centerpiece adorable?  They gave 13 away as door prizes, along with other dolls.  Mainly two Raggedy Ann's that our special speaker made.












This is what each table looked like.  What a beautiful setting.







This was our program.  The colors were purple, yellow and green.  So pretty.

The meal was made by several in our church and the men of the church served us.  It was such a fun evening.  Mom's name was drawn for a doorprize and picked a cute little Amish doll to take home.  She loves books on the Amish life, so this was perfect for her.


And finally, a picture of me and Daughter.  She is so beautiful and tall.



Sunday we went to church, came home, went to eat and I took Daughter to meet up with friends to make posters for Marching Band Drill Team Tryouts.  Then Son, BFF, and I went to get Son a new pair of tennis shoes.  His feet are still growing!  He is now 5'9" and in a size 10.5 shoe.  He said, "They look like clown shoes!"  



Handsome, ain't he?

So how did your weekend go?


3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun and interesting program! And how nice that the men served you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard Letters to God was good. I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a GREAT weekend... and now totally want to see that movie. Puzzling about the Bikes at the dealership though. Hmmm...

    Also, I named my car this weekend, you might just want to stop by today. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List