Monday, January 4, 2010

Weekend Update, January 1 - 3

Monday is my day of updates. I know what I said in an earlier post about menu planning, but the more I thought about it, I thought that sounded way boring. I think I will leave one day without a theme. But today, I thought I would give you "What I did this weekend".

New Year's Eve brought a lot of teenagers to our house, a lot of loud music, and I think a good time was had by all. There was so much food and drink. We had noise makers, poppers, and even toasted the new year with sparkling cider. The kids ran outside and did the poppers, screamed and yelled! We had a lot of fun. The kids sang, danced, played Wii, and just let loose. The best part was that by 12:59, everyone guest was gone. I was surprised.

New Year's Day brought a lot of football games,(yay for Ohio State!, boo for UC), a late lunch with my parents and a lot of laziness. Every year we have lunch with my parents of pork, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, and corn. Mom brought over cheese cake and apple bread. This our tradition. Foxy (my husband) smoked a tenderloin too, so we added that to the mix and everyone ate a lot. Then I settled in for a night of football.

Saturday, Foxy had to go back to work. I had a ton of errands to run, so me the the kids took off. We got the grocery shopping, banking, presents taken back all done, then went to look for beds for daughter and son and IKEA. Okay, I have never been to IKEA before. I am still not sure I want to go back. That was the craziest thing I have ever been in.

First, it is HUGE. Foxy told me that to go through the whole store, we would have to stay in a hotel close and take two days. There was so many items that seemed useless to me, but apparently they have some value to someone. Allie had looked up online a bed from there, so we went to see it. And we bought it. Luckily, we had the mattresses already. As for the boy, he also is in dire need of a bed. Foxy wanted to wait until April, but he doesn't even have a mattress and was sleeping on the couches during most of the holiday. So he found a bunk bed, full on bottom, twin on top and asked if we would purchase that. The problem was that my EDGE barely held the first bed. There was no way it would hold the two boxes for the bunk bed, as well as mattresses. So we called my dad and asked if he would come, after Foxy got off work, so we could use his truck. He did, and we made another trip. So now, Foxy gets to spend today putting put Allie's bed. The boy unrolled a mattress and is sleeping on the floor for the moment. Foxy wants to put shelves up at the ceiling in the boy's room and then put up the bed.

Sunday, we went to church, Foxy worked again, and then we ran a few more errands. I had a gift card so I went and purchased a couple of CDs I wanted, and I also purchased a DVD of two movies called "Dinner with A Perfect Stranger" and "A Day with A Perfect Stranger". I haven't seen them, yet but they seem intriguing to me. I did watch a movie called "The Ultimate Gift."
It was wonderful! I laughed, I cried...It stars Drew Fuller (from Army Wives), Abigail Breslin, Bill Cobbs, Brian Dennehy, and James Garner. I highly recommend it for you and your family.

I also received bad news last night. One of my closest, and longest friends has cancer. She is having surgery on Thursday. Please pray that it has not spread and she will be fine.

So that was my weekend. I hope yours was as fun filled as mine.

3 comments:

  1. I made my first trip to Ikea about 6 or 7 weeks ago. It was madness, and I only spent around $20. It's about a 2 hour drive from where I live, and I don't know if I'll ever get my husband to visit the store with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ikea! They have some great things!!! I have a some spice racks from there and the best paper towel holder ever! Have a wonderful 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed your weekend. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List