Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wacky Wednesday

Wacky Wednesday to all!  Today is the 3rd anniversary of the 39th day of my birth.

So in honor of me, I purchased myself something:  the new DROID phone!  WOW.  I have know idea what I am getting into.  So far I like it though.  Everytime I get a text message, it says in a robotic voice, "DROID".  lol.  It is very amusing.   It is very touchy.  I am still getting use to that.  I also need to figure out the apps. 

Does anyone out there have this phone already?  Let me know what you think of it.

Yesterday, I found out that my great-Uncle was missing.  He has since been found.  But there are many wacky facets to this story.  The first wacky thing is how he is double related to me.  He is my maternal grandfather's cousin.  Then, he married my maternal grandmother's sister, thus he is my great-Uncle.

Second, he is 80 years old, and has Alzheimer's.  My great-Aunt still lets him go off by himself in the car at times.  That is scary.  Monday evening, Great-Uncle told Great-Aunt he wanted to talk to Friend (side note:  Friend is dead).  Then he took the van and left.  He went to his son's house and then headed down to Hamilton.  Last time he was spotted on Monday evening was in a small town east of his town. 

Yesterday morning, I saw that he was missing on the local tv news station.  He had gone missing before, but not overnight.  When he was finally found, he had driven into a snowbank, which stopped him from going over into a small creek.  He is shaken, but okay.  I am thankful he was found.  There are a lot of unanswered questions, and I know how stubborn his side of the family is, but, I am not one to judge.  I am just glad this had a happier ending than most.

There have been several older people that have gone missing as of late.  I just say that I think it is our responsibility as their children (or relative closest to them) to keep them out of harms way.  I know it is a strain most of the time.  But that is the way of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List