Monday, February 15, 2010

Weekend Update February 12 - 14

Well, as usual, the weekend did not go as I had planned.

Friday evening, Daughter, Son and I went up to the funeral home. We saw my SIL's, BIL, Niece and husband and Pretty Girl, and all the others. We came home and I watched the Olympics opening ceremonies. Pretty good. Not as good as China's though.

Saturday AM, we got up and went to the funeral. Unfortunately, we ended up being the only ones from our family to make it. SIL because very ill and everyone stayed home to take care of her. She is better now, thank goodness, but it was sad that she didn't get to make it. Foxy ended up being a pall bearer, which he considered a privilege to do. It was very cold at the cemetery, but thankfully it was very short. Then we went back to the church for lunch.

After lunch, and a short time of visiting, we went and watch a wrestling invitational. It was one of the neatest things we did all weekend. There were three matches going on at once and we had so much fun. I got to see our school in action and support them. In fact, my son and husband were in the hallway and two of our wrestlers passed them. Son overhead one say to the other that they saw someone with our school logo on their shirt. The other said, "Really? That is the first non-family member that has ever come to one of these events." That is kinda sad. I am sure it is actually not true, but it did make us feel good that we can do a little something, like support these kids in such a way that they feel they are getting community support.

Saturday evening, was boring for us. Daughter went to watch a dance/cheer competition. We went grocery shopping and then home for more Olympics. I love the Olympics. Have I mentioned that? I watched Apollo Ohno win a silver in the 1500m Speed skating event.

Sunday, Foxy went to work, and we went to church. Then we came home. Daughter and her BFF decided to go see Valentine's Day. I really wanted to, but Son did not. He wanted to go get his special marching band drumsticks. So I took him to do that. Then he and I made Creme' Brulee and a White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake. After the movie, the kids were going to a teen club, but decided against it. So we all just came home and hung out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List