Friday, July 23, 2010

Happy 16th!

16 years ago today, I had just given birth to a 9 lb, 7 oz. baby girl.  She was the most beautiful baby I knew.  She had chubby cheeks, little slits for eyes and lots of black hair.  I knew our lives changed forever.

Daughter was full of energy as she grew into a toddler and loved everyone.  One of our elders at church called her "Smiley" because that is all she did. 

As the toddler years turned into the elementary age, my smiling child became very emotional.  Sometimes just looking at her wrong she would burst into tears.  It took me a while to figure out how to deal with her, but I did.  I still am the only one to do so.  She was shy, wouldn't get in front of an audience, or be the center of attention.  The insecurity of her killed me because I somehow have tons of self confidence.

But all of a sudden, Daughter went into 6th grade.  She wanted to help out with the school back stage during the plays, she tried out for the Junior High/High School dance team and made it!  She was a totally different person.  Everyone saw the change.

Now today she is a beautiful 16 year old girl that I love.  I am proud to call her friend and daughter.  I can't imagine my life without her in it.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute...Congratulations to your daughter on a special milestone...we had one of ours turn 16 this year...it's a great age! Blessings on your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the Daughter. And good luck with the driving lessons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter!!

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday to your daughter. sounds like your daughter just jumped into changing herself. it has to come from within. she's a winner

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List