Friday, July 2, 2010

Independence Day, Friday Follow, Randomness!



friday-follow



Go to the link above and start following!

Today I get to pick up 25 dozen ears of corn!  Gma, Daughter and I are going to be working on shucking it today and tomorrow we will parboil it, cut and scrape it off the cob, put it in freezer bags and plop it in the freezer.  Best corn ever!

Here's a picture from Son's first day of marching band practice.  
That's him in the light blue shorts.  He really liked it, so I hope They can keep them interested and doing this throughout his high school career.

Last night, Foxy picked up Son, Daughter and BFF from band practice.  While he was gone, he sent me this text:  "I c football"

I text back "That makes me smile."  If you follow me long enough, you will find that I am a Monroe High School football fanatic!


I can't wait to go watch them in scrimmages, games, and yes, I even sometimes watch practices.  It is also okay that Son doesn't play.  He tried and got hurt, so he's pretty much done with playing football.  He will be playing bball and I love that too!

Don't forget to thank a Veteran and those in are Armed Forces this weekend.  If it wasn't for those brave soldiers, we may not have this day to celebrate.
This picture is a Veterans Memorial in the middle of Lebanon, OH.
Happy Independence Day!





2 comments:

  1. Wow I am impressed by your corn skills! YUM!

    Happy Friday Follow!! Have a wonderful weekend!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping by for the Friday Follow! You have a new follower! Come visit Mama's Little Chick! Have a great 4th of July!

    Mama Hen
    www.mamaslittlechick.com

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List