Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Five - Scenes from Around the House

Last night, Foxy worked a little outside around the house.  So I snapped a few shots of things I love about the outside of my house.  Here we go...




1.  Welcome to my home.  I love having people over.


2.  Below the sign is my lion.  In my husband's hometown, a man would make these out of concrete.  They weigh a ton!  The creator of this was in his 80s or 90s when he made this one.  It was sitting in Father-in-Law's flower bed.  He let Foxy have it.  I do not give him a bow during the holidays or anything.  One time, though, Daughter and BFF colored him with sidewalk chalk.

3.  Something I don't have a picture of, but will later this summer is a deck.  We are going to put a big porch on the front of our house.  Lion will be moved, but probably to just on the deck.  That will be determined at a later date.

4.  I forget were this well pump came from, but I plan to use Rustoleum on it, but not sure what color.  This is going to be our no-fuss flower bed.  I was thinking red, like my front door, but not sure.  Any suggestions?


5.  The last scene is just my imagination:  In this picture above, I want a no-fuss floweresque bed.  I have bushes on either end of the spectrum, and I have a three-piece stone alligator that I love and want to keep there.   I hate geraniums, so that will not be a flower of choice.  Not sure what though.  Maybe some mums.  I love them.

So that's some of my favorite things about the front of my house.  What do you like about your house?

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm from northeast Ohio, right on the edge of the snow belt, Wooster. I think red would be a great color for your water pump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm poppin in from Friday Follow (on Sunday-LOL) to be your newest follower. Hooray! Come follow my blog! :) (Please?)

    Bridgette Groschen
    The Groschen Goblins
    www.groschengoblins.com

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List