Monday, April 26, 2010

Welcome, Weekend Update

Thanks for all the new Friday Followers that have joined me in this adventure.  I hope I am following all of you too!  I love to meet new friends.  Monday  is my weekend update day. Today I am doing them in pictures.

Friday night Son, Daughter and I went to Subway for supper. Son had a friend come over and spend the night. Big T is a great kid and one of Son's bestest.  At 9pm, BFF came in and said..."I haven't got my ice cream yet."  We started to go after choir practice on Wednesday, but something came up.  So I looked at Foxy and said, "What time does DQ close?"  He kidded me and said, "9."  No, so we all jumped in his caddy and took off.  The nice thing was that it was DQ's 25th anniversary and they were having a BOGO.  Buy a Blizzard and get one for $0.25.  So we paid $11 for 6 blizzards.  I picked a Oreo Cheesecake.  It was good, but once I tasted Foxy's Raspberry Truffle, that is my new favorite.  But I love almost all of the flavors.  While there, four teenage boys came in, got their treats and sat down.  Daughter, who is usually a bit shy, was teasing with Son and Big T.  As we are getting ready to leave, she spies $0.50 on another table.  She grabbed it up and said, "Look, I got paid!"  BFF, started and laughing and the boys all got quiet and started watching her.  She was smiling and giggling.  We were cracking up at her.  BFF told her it was a tip. It was a fun adventure.

Saturday Foxy worked and Daughter, Son and I went to the library.  I got a new book to read.  See?


I like Mitch Albom.  I read The Five People You Meet in Heaven and I love true stories.  So I am excited to read this one.
After the library, we went to a mall to do some summer shopping.   Son needed shorts and shirts and Daughter need the same.

Here is what Son got...


Nice colors, 'eh?  The pants are his latest obsession.  The skinny jeans.  Not sure what the appeal is, but they do fit him better than anything else.

Here is an outfit that Daughter got.

Cute, huh?  So next Daughter and I decide we need bras.  We are both starting to run low.  So we stop in at Victoria's Secret.  When we get into the dressing room to try some on, we see this on the mirror...



LOL.  Isn't that what we were in there for?

So to round out our shopping trip, I found this shirt in a specialty shop that made me laugh.


The little heart.  Crack me up!  We then met up with BFF and brought him with us to Old Navy for a few pairs of flip flops and a couple of capris.  Then we went in search of lunch.  After lunch we took BFF to his house so he could go with the rest of his evening and we came home.  We unloaded all the clothes and went to the grocery store.  Then home where I made Turkey Friend Rice with broccoli and we watched the movie The Lovely Bones.

Daughter read the book and wanted to see the movie.  We did, and it was really good.  Stanly Tucci was the bad guy and we kept screaming "Creeper!" at him.  It freaked Daughter out and when she went to bed, she thought someone was at her bedroom door, so she came back out to the living room. 

Sunday was rainy.  We got up andDaughter drove us to church.  Then came home and I did my Sunday 'thang', sorting laundry.  Our friend is in a dance competition not far from here, so we went to see Miss A dance.  Very exciting to see.  The dances we saw were pretty good.  Miss A's dances were awesome!  Here is a picture or two I took there.
 
My son liked this shirt.  LOL
Here are some girls in pretty costumes!


Well, that's about the extent of our busy weekend.  Hope yours was as much fun as mine!


7 comments:

  1. Now you've got me craving a pecan cluster blizzard. I haven't had one of those in YEARS!

    I'm mad at you now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a fun and busy weekend. That heart shirt made me laugh too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candice - So sorry, but it was so yummy!

    Sarah - laughing is good meds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun!!! I heart that shirt!!!!!!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those girls outfits are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun weekend! Makes me want to go shopping and eat ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great weekend. R2 was at the lake with the grandparents so R1 had a friend spend the night Friday and another one on Saturday. We ate out each night and boys stayed up late. Spent way to much just shopping around town. Guess that's what happens when you don't have baseball to keep you occupied! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List